Brooke ShunatonaFri, April 16, 2021, 1:48 AM·4 min read
Whether you’re IG famous for your bomb-ass outfit inspiration or just the stylish one in your friend group, chances are you’ve posted more than a few outfit-of-the-day (#OOTD) photos. But when you’re churning out look after look, you might be running low on ideas—and I’m not talking about outfit ideas.
Everyone knows the hardest part of putting together a good Instagram post is finding the right caption to go with it. If you’ve exhausted your best friends with texts that say, “What should I write with this?” let us help. We’ve rounded up the best fashion captions inspired by pop culture, movies, shows, songs, famous fashion quotes, and funny sayings to make it easy on ya. So after you’ve picked out your outfit and landed on your favorite photo from the bunch, go ahead and choose from one of the below sayings so you can go ahead and (finally) post it already.
When you want a funny or clever caption…
- Are we going out for drinks, or are we going out for draaanks? I need to dress accordingly. (Like Janelle’s post above.)
- Met my sole mate today.
- ___ but make it fashion.
- ___ is my 2020 aesthetic.
- Looking like a snack.
- A look was served today.
- Never met a ___ I didn’t like.
- If this outfit doesn’t scream ____, I don’t know what does.
- Outfit so nice I had to post it twice.
When you want to share your WFH OOTD…
- Which wine pairs well with laundry? (Like Bridget’s post above.)
- All dressed up with nowhere to go.
- I never thought I’d wear ____ all week, but here we are.
- Werking hard or hardly working….
- One day I’ll stop wearing tie-dye sweats. Today is not that day.
- Sweatpants are my personal brand now.
When you want to go with a line from a movie or show…
- “Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.” —Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada
- “She could be a farmer in those clothes.” —Amber, Clueless
- “I’ll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.” —Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family
- “I’ll never be the woman with perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it.” —Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
- “On Wednesdays, we wear pink.” — Karen Smith, Mean Girls
When you want to stick with a classic quote…
- “I’m not afraid of heights…have you seen my shoes?” —Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
- “Playing dress-up begins at age 5 and never really ends.” —Kate Spade, Manners
- “As far as I’m concerned, leopard is a neutral.” —Jenna Lyons, The Cut
- “I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.” —Lady Gaga, Independent
- “What is comfortable fashion? To be comfortable, that can’t be in the vocabulary of fashion. If you want to be comfortable, stay home in your pajamas.” —Donatella Versace, Interview
- “My feet are still on the ground. I’m just wearing better shoes.” —Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Phil
- “The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive.” —Coco Chanel
- “I just can’t concentrate in flats.” —Victoria Beckham, GMTV
- “Just throw me in my coffin now with these earrings on.” —Rachel Zoe, The Rachel Zoe Project
- “Some people dream of having big swimming pools. With me, it’s closets.” —Audrey Hepburn
When you want to use a song reference or lyric…
- Filing this under “Best I Ever Had.” (Like Kellie’s post above.)
- Alexa, play _____.
- “If you don’t jump to put jeans on, baby, you don’t feel my pain.” —“Savage Remix (feat. Beyonce),” by Megan Thee Stallion
- Gucci tennis shoes running from your issues. —“In My Head,” by Ariana Grande
- Ten different looks, and my looks all kill. —“Money,” by Cardi B
When you want a seasonal caption…
- My winter/summer/fall/spring uniform. (Like Natasha’s post above.)
- I have a cute outfit on under this coat, but you’re just gonna have to take my word for it.
- ’Tis the season to wear ____.
- Me: I hate winter. Also me: